Friday, February 28, 2014

Conclusion

Conclusion: 


Students are to use the format below as a guide for writing a conclusion. Conclusions are to address the background, problem, hypothesis, results, and explanation as to why the experiment worked the way it did. The blanks provided are way too small. This is not a fill-in the blank paragraph. Just a format of what should be in a conclusion. 



EXAMPLE

     My project was to (tell what it is was about) _____________. When I did my project, (this is what happened) __________. My hypothesis was right/wrong. I said that _____ would happen and it did/but it didn't, instead something else happened. (explain what happened) ____________. The
reason why it worked was because (refer to research to explain) ________ (or, explain why it didn't work, and, then use research to explain what should have happened). I learned that ________________. My research helped me
understand _______________. The scientific significance of this experiment is (explain why this project was worthwhile i.e. (exploding Mentos in Coke is fun, but why is it a valuable experiment?) __________. If I had the chance to do
this experiment again, I might try something different. I might try ____________(meaning something different regarding THIS experiment - let plants grow longer, add more fertilizer, etc do NOT suggest a brand new experiment!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment